- Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS);
- User/Learner Modeling;
- Using the Web for Teaching and Learning;
- Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-based Systems;
- Expert Systems in Education;
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL);
- Adaptive Knowledge Testing.
Projects and Systems:
- MONAP-II - Development of authoring tools for ITS design with new algorithms and features for WWW
- MONAP'99 - Development of authoring tools for ITS design
- Telecommunications in Education - Development of educational internet resources (supported by Russian Foundation of Fundamental Researches under the grant of N 99-07-90166)
- Telecommunications for increasing qualification level of educational system individuals - Problem-oriented research laboratory № 03-13-01 supported by Russian Ministry of Education under the Federal Program "Creation of Open Learning Systems"
- Development of authoring tools for designing a learning control subsystem for expert tutoring systems - Grant program of SPU "Centerprogramsystem" (Tver) and Institute of Informatics Problems (IPI) of Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow).
- Modeling of Learning - this project was developed in the framework of the international collaborative program "Study of principles of modern problem-oriented tutoring system development and creation of authoring tools for support learning processes for the different types of users"
- Number of projects for devolopment and deployment of different kind of Information Management Systems on various large plants in the USSR
Current Professional Activities
- ICALT'2004 - Programm Committee Member
- ICALT'2003 - Steering Committee Member, Programm Committee Member, Member of Reviewers Board
- ICALT'2002 - General Chair, Programm Committee Member, Member of Reviewers Board
- ICALT'2001 - Programm Committee Member, Member of Reviewers Board